Your Purpose: On the good ship Oyster we’re looking for a first-rate first mate. Let’s call it an Operations Manager. You’ll be in charge of managing the details, developing solutions, tracking and adjusting those plans in order to help the team bring its best work to the surface.
You’ll work directly with leadership to define and refine operational processes and workflows while helping track day-to-day projects and maintain budgets based on budgets. Long term goal for your role? Keep the ship running and help refine our processes for smooth sailing. We’ll also need your help managing freelance and partnerships when necessary. All to help promote a company culture that encourages creativity, morale, and performance.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in operations or project management (or a related field) and have prior experience in a management or leadership position. A deep understanding of financial management is also a plus.
In short, if you love to solve problems both big and small with organization and process implementation then you may be the team member we’re looking for.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide solutions for the organization to help deliver great work.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions based on sound data and insights.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Managing client advertising projects based on proposals and budgets.
- Managing project schedules and deliverables for on time delivery.
- Understanding of project management software and how to maintain up-to-date information.
- Assist HR with recruiting, freelance, and partnership management when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages creativity, top performance and high morale by reinforcing standards and establishing new initiatives.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Track and chart trends to help the company plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Establish and maintain alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support organizational communication and discussion around how to make our company and work better.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a creative field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Work experience in a creative industry, especially marketing and advertising is a plus.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Attention to detail is a must
Some legal stuff from our lawyer:
- EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience, inclusive of a minimum of 2 years project management experience.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Remote work available within the continental United States (hybrid, work available in Pittsburgh, PA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, dental & eye insurance coverage
Apply by email to [email protected] or by singing telegram.
We exist to dream up ideas that fundamentally change an organization and how they engage with people. Through research, strategy, and a desire to get our hands dirty, we dive in to find an insight and message that moves people. We’re your guide in avoiding the rocks, managing the current and bringing that message to the surface.
To develop the smartest, most creative business solutions that change the hearts and minds of our client’s target audience – in turn delivering the results our clients need.